Beef Stew a la Comfort
- 1 lb Grass fed beef, cubed about 1/2" thick
- 1 cup Baby carrots, peeled
- 1 large Idaho potato, cubed about 1/4" thick
- 1/4 cup White onion, diced
- 1 14.5 oz can Petite Diced tomatoes ((Red Gold is my favorite brand))
- 3 cups All-natural beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Sae salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Black ground pepper
In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook meat in hot oil for 1 minute, stirring often.
Add the onions and potato. Stir to incorporate.
Add spices and stir.
Add Worcestershire sauce. Stir.
Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add carrots and diced tomatoes with juice from the can, and stir.
Add beef broth and water. Stir to incorporate and lower heat to low.
Crack the lid on top of the pan so the steam can release and cook for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meat should be fork tender before serving. Serve warm.