From my amazing book, One Bite at a Time~Everyday Meal Plans for Fighting Cancer, Heart Disease, IBS, Obesity and Other Ailments...page 147
Blow someone's mind with this recipe you will use over and over and over again. This is one of my most requested recipes, well, ever! Great for those who want a heart healthy beef dish or for those who need a protein packed meal. IBS suffers can handle this as well! Get cookin'!
- 2 lbs Grass-fed ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Fresh spinach (washed & dried - frozen, thawed and drained works, too!)
- 3 slices Baby swiss cheese (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup Onion (diced - whatever onion you lovge, use it!)
- 1/2 cup Bell pepper (diced, your choice of color)
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs (they are gluten free!)
- 1 14.5 oz can Diced toatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Sea salt
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except spinach and cheese thoroughly.
Grease a square pan with a little olive oil and put half of the meat mixture and pat down until the bottom of the pan is covered.
Top meat with spinach and then cheese slices.
Spoon the remaining meat mixture on top and press together.
Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until top is lightly brown.
Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.