- 5 Large catfish fillets
- 1 8 oz can Beer (I prefer to cook with Coors)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 cups Self-rising corn meal (Salt and flour are already added, so don't add more)
- 3 cups Coconut oil OR extra virgin olive oil (keep an eye on it so it doesn't go up in flames)
- 4 TBS Hellman's mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Chipotle pepper (diced with seeds)
- 1 Green onion (chopped)
- 1 TBS Lemon juice
- 1 Small dill pickle (chopped)
In a large pan over high heat, heat oil until hot.
In a large non-reactive pan, soak fillets in beer, lemon juice, and lime juice, about 5 minutes.
On a large plate, spread out white corn meal.
Remove fillet, one at a time, and coat in corn meal.
Place in hot oil. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until golden brown. Turn Once!)
Repeat cooking process until all fish are cooked.
Drain fillets on a paper towel. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
In a medium bowl, mix mayo, onion, pickle, and lemon juice.
Stir to incorporate. Serve with catfish.